Improving the User Experience and Front End of Stakedao for Mobile users

Summary
This proposal aims to improve the front end interface of the platform for seamless user experience on mobile devices.

Motivation
Developing countries represent a growing number of existing and future users of Defi. A majority of users in developing countries access the internet through mobile compared to desktop (cellphone ownership is 84% compared to 19% landline access in emerging and developing nations^1). Therefore the user experience and front end of the mobile Stakedao platform must be seamless to ensure adoption of the largest group of future users.

Specification
I will examine the mobile platform from user experience and user journey and propose a wireframe of a improved design for mobile users. The proposed improvement changes will be organised into a tasks backlog. I will implement the changes over the next 6 months in 2021/2022. Code updates will go through UAT and code review and if approved be merged to production.

I will also propose a design system for front end development across mobile and web so that there is broad alignment with front end developers (refer to note ^2).

I am a full stack and solution designer currently working in a multi-national company in Hong Kong. My skills include design and development of web applications and cloud back-end. I have been working in this field for 7-8 years.

For
A great front end interface for mobile users will help adoption in emerging and developing countries, these communities represent large untapped pool of potential users who do not own desktops. A design system to develop front-end interface for a multiple device platform will make it easier for all developers and to reduce future technical debt.

Against
The complexity of the existing front end may increase effort and time required.
The number of users from developing countries may not meet expected demand of Defi.

^1 Communications Technology in Emerging and Developing Nations | Pew Research Center
^2 https://medium.muz.li/what-is-a-design-system-1e43d19e7696