[Strategy] Create MakerDAO/Aave/Curve passive Strategy vaults

What if the strategist were given a one time payment or some kind of staking bonus instead of an explicit % of fees? if we want to design for the long run and very large stake amounts, the 5% could too small of a cash flow to begin with and upon a great success might be so large as to render the strategy uncompetitive over time.

1 Like

idk wtf this is saying, but it seems like a zeller/boutheloup hedge fund and I’d buy that at any price.

1 Like

ser,

honest work deserve fair pay, outside of my situation, having a small rewards for strategist will attract smarter minds than mine to the stakeDAO ecosystem.

Just to be clear, in current proposal 5/10% of profits are taken to vaults users on this %, 95% goes to SDT community and 5% to the strategist.

so the strategist get’s 5% of 5/10% gains, that’s 25/50 bps on overall vault gains

5 Likes

From the standpoint of ‘if I’m making money due to a strategy Mr X created, I don’t mind that Mr X collects an eternal fee from his/her idea, as long as the strategy is profitable’, I honestly don’t mind that the strategy is paying royalties of some kind as long as it exists.

I think it also helps avoid bad strategies, or strategies that contain some sort of bad design, to pass through us and get to production. It keeps incentives on the right side of them, which is, the strategist only has to gain in designing and providing a profitable strategy.

2 Likes

This is a solid proposal that answers a market need for an ETH vault. This one is even better because it’s ETH or AAVE!

I had seen strategies like this one before, and here, the addition of a “wind down” threshold is really good to lower the risk of unexpected turn of events that could challenge unwinding.

I think this is a beneficial proposal for StakeDAO, AAVE, MakerDAO, and DeFi users. Great idea!

3 Likes

Very nice proposal! Can’t wait to see this implemented.

Mind blown absolute genius

Wow. Supporting this wholeheartedly

It’s been over a month since this was first proposed and now that Governance staking is up and running we can vote on this to have it underway!

1 Like