What is Good Governance?

Governance should always be led by community wishes and work in the best interests of the community.

It’s up to all of us, working together, to create the governance standards and processes that will carry Stake DAO forward for years/decades to come — standards to ensure that the protocol provides a resilient infrastructure for developers, and provides a multitude of services for Defi participants.

I’d like to share some thoughts on what I believe good governance looks like. The community can adopt, extend, modify, or reject any/all of this as you see fit - these are notes, to start. I’ll try to keep this updated by incorporating your suggestions. Please weigh in.

Governance Proposals should all start with community discussion, questions, and analysis; a single forum post under proposals is a great way to organize conversation on a topic.

The goal, at this stage, should be to add as much knowledge & information as possible about the effect of a potential proposal. Either by adding data/analysis or by asking questions that can lead to more insight. Saying you like or dislike an idea is fine, explaining why is better, backing it up with information why is best. Suggest alternatives, and keep an open mind.

Give the community time to process your ideas, and add their own.

4 Likes